Friday, July 8, 2011

Flowers, Ice Cream and Chicken

Well, today my mom came up in the afternoon and we headed over to Gordon Hill Flower Shop to meet up with the gang there and discuss wedding flowers. This is one area of the wedding that Mike gave me free reign on. I like to think the he just doesn't have time, but since he's a guy, I'm pretty sure that he just doesn't care what flowers I'm holding when I walk down the aisle. To be honest, if he's looking at the flowers, I wasted a lot of money on my dress, but I digress.

I decided on a combination of roses and calla lilies with some willow branches and holly berries added in for that "fall" look. I'm so incredibly happy. Here's a sample picture, but keep in mind that we're going with more of a burnt orange (as opposed to the peachy orange) and some yellow.
Sample Bouquet
I'm really excited about the bouquets and the rest of the flowers I picked for the venue. I can't quite check the florist off the list, but I think we have a good start. I have some really cool ideas for the centerpieces that I'm not going to give away on here, but I think it's going to turn out nicely!

After that, Mom and I headed over to Munnerlyn's Ice Creamery for a little ice cream snack. This place is seriously delicious... if you're ever in the Pine Grove area, it's a must stop place! I had the cake batter ice cream and Mom had the fudge mint. Yum! Then we came home and I made chicken cordon bleu. It was absolutely delicious! I tried this recipe out on Mike and Chris last week (it was a hit!) and Mom loved it too!

Tonight I'm hanging out and being mellow... a much needed restful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment