Monday, February 27, 2006

Getting Back In Shape

So this weekend I ventured back to the gym after my 3 1/2 week hiatus. Ouch. I've lost 2 pounds, all of which I'm sure is muscle. I was doing so well before I got sick! So Saturday I "took it easy" and lifted weights. Apparently, I forgot that I have zero upper body strength to begin with and was a little over-zealous with the weight lifting. Sunday I decided to get back into my old swimming form. It hurts less than running and I feel like I actually build some muscle definition and tone up a bit. I found this great website: http://www.swimmingworldmagazine.com/swim-cgi/

It lets you put in what level you want to swim at, how long you want to swim and then what you would like to focus on. Then you can print out the workout and take it with you to the pool. Makes me feel like my old swimming days, minus the screaming-shove-a-banana-down-your-throat-coach (gotta love him). It breaks the workout into sets (rather than saying "I'm going to swim 100 laps") and works on building your stroke. I highly recommend it if you're interested in swimming!

Just a few more days until our next concert! I'm so excited... this music is some of the most challenging music that I've ever sang! We have some great soloists coming in, including the soprano who just won the Metropolitan Opera Competition! I can't wait! It's going to be a super busy week with dress rehearsals and then the performance, but I love it!

Ok, off to bed to get some beauty sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment