Sunday, February 5, 2006

SpotBowl 2006

Ok, I'm totally hooked. It was all about SpotBowl 2006 (what, there was some sort of football game on?). It was seriously so much fun - I wrote down each of the commercials and ranked them, then went online and voted. I have to say, it was a blast and I think next year Brigitte and I are going to have a party. A SpotBowl party.

My clear favorites were the Budweiser commercials. I laughed my booty off at "Streaker Sheep" - it was a great play off of last year's Clydesdales playing football. And I LOVED "Junior Clydesdale" where the Mommy and Daddy Clydesdales helped push the cart. That one brought a tear to my eye! I also really liked the "I'm Going To Disneyland" commercials - it was really cute to hear all the players pep talking themselves.

I thought Jessica Simpson's Pizza Hut commercial was completely lame. That along with the Gillette commercials - I mean, honestly, for as much as they pay for those spots, you'd think they could come up with something a little more interesting (and creative)!

And, just to prove that I actually did watch the GAME, I have to give it to the Steelers. They had some amazing plays (A wide reciever throwing a touchdown? In the SuperBowl?!). Turns out the guy was a quarterback in college. Damn! I was rooting for the Seahawks because they were the underdog, but by the end of it, had I had a terrible towl, I would have been swinging it.

That said, I'm taking my cough syrup and going to bed.

Smithson. Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment