Sunday, January 10, 2010

Even More Fencing

Today was the epitome of a lazy Sunday. Mike and I got up this morning, had some egg and bacon biscuit sandwiches and white chocolate mochas. Then Mike went for a ride and I took Shadow for a nice long walk. Mike told me about a great little route we could take that was absolutely beautiful. The weather really cooperated... today felt like a spring day. It was brisk, but not cold and the sun was shining. Birds were singing. My dog had the time of his life.

After the walk, I made chocolate chip cookies and then watched some tv... basically had a pretty lazy couple of hours. After that, we decided to go pound some fence posts in. As I said in my last post, yesterday we got the corner and gate posts in... today was all about running the string and getting some of the side posts in. It was actually a lot easier than we thought (well, that's easy for me to say since I wasn't the one pounding them in, but even Mike said it wasn't that bad!). We got one of the long sides (100 feet) and one of the short sides (40 feet) done... I think we can get the rest pounded in and the fencing up next weekend! I honestly can't wait... it's going to be a great little spot for Shadow to run around!

Tonight we're going to grab some dinner and watch a movie... we rented two last night... the first was "Surveillance" with Bill Pullman and Julia Ormond. We were told by the girl at Blockbuster that this had a crazy twist and that it was super "graphic". Not so much. It was a decent movie, but we figured out the ending about half way through. Tonight, we're going to watch "Paranormal" which was our first choice. Hopefully that one's a little better!

It's been a fantastic weekend... I'm still defintiely fighting off this cold (thank God for DayQuil and NightQuil), but I don't feel like I did with the last sinus infection. I'm really hoping it stays that way! Right now, I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment