Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I Love All Things Google

I recently made the switch to Gmail because I was having a lot of issues with my Yahoo mail. It's a completely different interface and, let's be honest, a completely different mindset. After the first few days, I forgot that I ever used Yahoo... Google is just that fantastic. To make things even better, they integrate tons of cool features:
  • Blogging: Way back when, I started using blogger as my blogging site. It was confusing, hard to update and geared more towards technical people who liked playing with HTML code. I made the switch a couple years ago to Vox and was pretty happy with it, but while I was gone, Google integrated with Blogger and has made things fantastic. I'm so happy to be back. They've even created this really cool feature called the blogger dashboard that lets me "bookmark" my friend's blogs so that I can see when they update. I love it. Love it, love it, love it.
  • Calendaring: Those of you who know me well know that I am not an electronic calendar kind of girl. I have always kept a paper planner, in which I log daily activities, to do lists, important numbers, etc. Until now. With the addition of my fabulous new iPhone, I now have officially moved to the wonderful world of all things digital. And I'm not looking back. The iPhone has a great application that allows me to connect directly to my Google calendar. The Google calendar is easy to use and I can color code things to make life that much easier.
  • Maps: Google maps are WAY better than the other services out there that give you directions. They're more accurate and, again, I can easily pull them up on my iPhone. Don't even get me going on how cool Google Earth is!
I know there are even more that I haven't even begun to explore, but I'm super satisfied with my switch to all things Google. Honestly, it's like I sat down and said "if I were going to use technology for everything I do, how would I do it" and then, poof, it happened. What a cool world we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment