Sunday, January 31, 2010

Grammys in Your Jammies 2010

Here we are, in the fabulous year of 2010... I'm at Mike's watching again this year. We took Shadow out to the lake to swim and run around. He also go to meet Molly and Ruby, Tim and Nicki's dogs. He did so well with them and we had a fantastic time on a beautiful day! On to the Grammy reviews:

Performance Reviews
Lady Gaga and Elton John: Ok, now, Lady Gaga is growing on me, but seriously, Elton? You've stooped to paying with Lady Gaga?! I suppose the performance was good, but I just couldn't get past the fact that Elton was singing with her! I like "Poker Face" but would have liked to hear one of her newer ones!

Green Day: love, love, love them. "21 Guns" is one of my favorite songs that they sing. I wish they wouldn't have had the Broadway singers with them. That first one had scary dead eyes. And honestly, I just wanted to hear Green Day... it's not that I have anything against Broadway, it's just I like my Green Day plain.

Beyonce: Good God, she sure can sing. "If I Were A Boy" is sort of an odd choice for a big show like this... that said, I really liked the Alanis cover! I don't, however, get the whole writhing around on stage. Seriously, just sing!

P!nk: I saw her with Justin Timberlake one year... this girl can sing, but covers it up with a lot of production. I wasn't really digging the whole white robe thing, but she can still definitely sing. I'm not sure what the song was... I haven't heard it before. Ok, now she just took the robe off and looks almost naked. Yikes. That takes guts. And now she's a sprinkler? I don't get it. I'd put my money on lipsynching. I don't think you can sing upside down for 5 minutes straight.

Black Eyed Peas: SO excited to see them in April! "Imma Be" has me hooked right now! I also like "Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night". Overall, a pretty good performance!

Lady Antebellum: I LOVE the song "Need You Now". I would love to see them live in concert!

Jamie Foxx, T-Pain and Slash: "Alcohol" I don't want to like it, but I do. Why do you have to make fun of opera, Jamie? Nice touch to have Slash come out... it's the only thing that saved the song for Mike.

Zac Brown Band: You can't go wrong with good harmonies! "America The Beautiful" was, well, beautiful. Then they followed up with "Chicken Fried" and some AMAZING guitar picking!

Taylor Swift and Stevie Nicks: I've seen her live, and to be honest, this wasn't one of her better performances. Maybe just an off night?I liked the duet with Stevie Nicks a little better, but I still think she was just off a little bit tonight.

Michael Jackson, Celine Dion, Usher, Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson and Smokey Robinson: First of all, 3D sucks when you don't have 3D glasses. I like the concept, but apparently Mike and I missed the memo. I do love "Earth Song" and I really did like the big names coming together to sing it. The movie in the background just about killed Mike (who, by the way, hates both Celine Dion and Michael Jackson, so this little song was a real treat for him). Super sad to see the kids on stage afterwards.

Bon Jovi: LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I can't believe they've never played the Grammys before! So good to see them on stage! I love "Who Says You Can't Go Home" and it was awesome that they brought Jennifer Nettles out for it! "Livin' on a Prayer" is a classic... of course the fans picked it!

Mary J. Blige and Andrea Bocelli: I love "BridgeOover Troubled Waters" and it sounds beautiful in Italian... you can't go wrong with Andrea Bocelli! Mary J. Blige was meant to sing these kind of tribute songs... she has so much passion. What a great tribute to Haiti!

Dave Matthews Band: I really want to see them the next time they come back to town... they went through a weird period and are back to being the DMB I fell in love with in high school! "You and Me" is a great song!

Maxwell and Roberta Flack: Meh...

Jeff Beck (Les Paul Tribute): Nothing like a little guitar on a Sunday night!

Drake, Eminem and Travis Barker: Weird little combo, but I think it worked on this one! Too bad half of it was silent because it had to be censored!

Clothing Reviews
Jennifer Lopez: horrible white and silver dress. So not flattering.

Kristen Bell: I kinda liked her black and gold dress. It had a slightly weird cut at the top, but it was sorta cool.

Taylor Swift: I LOVE her blue dress. I must have one. That's my color!

Miranda Lambert: I like the color of her dress, but I think the dress itself wasn't totally flattering.

Miley Cyrus: Is she wearing shoulder pads?

Robert Downey Jr: Horrible suit. No reason to have weird strips.

Beyonce: The metal dress isn't fantastic.

Who Got Screwed
Taylor Swift and Beyonce: Seriously? Kings of Leon won Record of the Year? Should have been Beyonce or Taylor Swift.

Best line of the night goes to Stephen Colbert: "This was a Christmas album, so obviously, I should thank Jesus Christ."

Also, what the heck is up with Kanye West? He steals other people's awards, complains when he doesn't win, yet he finally gets one and isn't there to accept it? Weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment