Saturday, January 16, 2010

We Have A Fence!

Today we finished the fence... I'm beyond excited! I've been waiting forever to have a nice big place for Shadow to run around. Charlie (Mike's brother) and his daughter Katie came over to help get the last of the posts pounded in, the fence rolled out and then clipped onto the posts. It took about another 4 hours to finish up. The only thing we have left is to find a better way to keep the gate closed... I think we'll need one more metal pole and a latch.

Here's Shadow when I first put him in... taking a drink of water before running around:

He then proceeded to pee on just about anything he could claim in the name of Shadow:

He then needed to look for deer...

Here's a look down the fence line... we did a pretty darn good job!

Finally, here's a view from the deck... looking down at Shadow's land:

Like I said, I'm beyond excited... it is taking some getting used to for him. Those of you who know labs know that all they want is to be with their people, so in between doing laps to sniff and pee, he's sitting at the gate barking at the house. I'm sure that he'll get over that soon and be off to playing! One of the last things I want to do is to get a little dog house for him. Then he's all set!

No idea what to do:


Getting to know the area:


In other exciting news, Shadow and I went for a nice run this morning... a two mile run through the mountains... it was beautiful! The weather today was perfect - not too hot, not too cold!

No comments:

Post a Comment