Sunday, January 3, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Wow, I honestly can't believe it's 2010... I know I keep saying this, but I remember being little and thinking how far away and futuristic 2010 sounded. I thought for sure we're be flying around in Jetson's cars or time warping. So far, all we have is the iPhone (which, let's be honest, is just about as cool as time warping!). It seems so crazy to me!

New Years was a complete blast! Every year Mike hosts a huge pig roast, and this year was no exception! The pig weighed in at 116 pounds and we had a full keg of Guinness! Mike put the pig on the spit at about 10:30am... and by 7:30pm we had a fantastic meal (in fact, I'm pretty sure that we're going to be eating pig for the rest of 2010)! To the right, you can see Mr. Piggy doing his thing on the roaster. I know he looks scary, but he sure did taste good! We had a lot of Wii playing, some singing, far too much beer and more Irish Car Bombs than I need to see for the rest of my lifetime (yes, a very valuable lesson was learned). It was a fantastic New Years and once again, Mike's party was a hit! I can't wait to see how great the 2011 party is going to be!


My birthday was pretty fantastic too! As always, since it's so close to Christmas and New Years, it generally gets drawn out over several days (I'm totally not complaining!). The beginning was at the New Years Eve party... Nicki got me a delicious chocolate cake. Everyone at the party (seriously, like 50 people) sang to me... which in turn made me turn a lovely shade of red.

On my actual birthday (Saturday), I got to sleep in and spend the day totally relaxing with Mike. Those of you who know me know that I don't have those days very often, so it was definitely wonderful to have some down time! Then in the evening we met Mom, Dad, Oma, Kati and Nate at the Olive Garden for dinner. We had a fantastic dinner (with more singing... even though the waiter wanted to call me "Alma") and even more cake!

Today was another mellow day... I started to get a horrible headache last night, so this morning was like a migraine hangover... Mike and I watched some football and went to Lowe's to investigate the fence that we're going to build for Shadow (so he has lots of space to run!). Tonight I'm at home, relaxing and watching tv... not a bad way to end a three day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment