Sunday, January 30, 2011

Daniel Tosh

For Mike's birthday back in November, I bought him tickets to see comedian Daniel Tosh, from the show Tosh.0 on Comedy Central.
First we drove down to visit Oma. It had been a while since I had seen her, so it was really nice to spend some time with her! She hadn't seen my engagement ring yet and was overjoyed. I also showed her the pictures of my dress!
Oma and I
After our visit with Oma, we headed over to Adam and Eva's to hang out and have some appetizers. Let me tell you, no one makes brie like Eva does. I don't even like it and I can't stop eating it. She makes a whiskey/butter/sugar sauce to go over it that is to die for! Adam created some yummy treats as well - he made little mini cornbread muffins with barbecued chicken INSIDE. So yummy!

Finally, we headed out to the show in San Francisco. We hit a tiny bit of traffic, but made up for it by scoring free street parking! Seriously, when does that ever happen?! The show was at the Nob Hill Masonic Center, which neither of us had ever been to.

Comedian Eddie Gossling was the opening act (who knew comedians had opening acts?) and he was pretty funny! Then it was time for the main event - Tosh himself. It was definitely a funny show! As always, he definitely pushed the envelope and did a pretty good job of keeping the audience engaged. I haven't seen a large comedy show like this before, so I was a little disappointed in the way he didn't really interact with the audience. The shows I've been to before have been smaller venues where the comedians really pick on the audience. Let's be real, it's funny as long as you're not in the front row! He very much had the same sense of humor he has on his show and it was a lot of fun!

We made it home right around midnight - it was a 12 hour round trip... not a bad day!

Today is all about the relaxing... I'm imposing lazy Sunday. We might do some honeymoon research (after all, nothing says rainy afternoon activity like looking at tropical destinations) and some grocery shopping. Not a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment