Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Decade!

I've moved on to an entirely new decade. I can't believe how fast my 20's flew by! Here's a quick recap of a few the cool things that happened:

20: I was a student director of a choir (which later led to a paying job directing)!
21: I turned 21 (duh) and went to New York with the family to celebrate!
22: I graduated from college with a double major... no small feat!
23: I recorded an album with two of my closest friends!
24: I got my job at Intel!
25: I auditioned for (and got into) the Sacramento Choral Society!
26: I bought my own house!
27: I went to Europe with my sister AND I met Mike! (not in Europe...)
28: I ran my first half marathon!
29: I got engaged!

As fun as my 20's were, I'm really looking forward to my 30's. After all, in the year that I'm turning 30, I'm getting married!

Today started with Mike making a Starbucks run for me (my espresso machine is broken and is en route back to the maker to get replaced). After that, I went to lunch at Sudwerk Riverside in Folsom with Mom, Dad, Kati, Nate and Mike. We had a nice indoor table overlooking the river (which is really flowing right now!) and pretty much had the place to ourselves. I had the chicken and penne pasta (with sun dried tomatoes) and it was delicious! After lunch, Mom and Dad lit my cake on fire (Mom found the most chocolaty cake she could!).
My Flaming 30th Birthday Cake
We then went over to the movies to see "Little Fockers" (review to follow at some point). Now we're back at home, getting ready to have some spaghetti (my favorite!) and then watch a few episodes of "Dexter" (we're seriously hooked... started the second season on Netflix last night!). What a fantastic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment