Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Vanilla Pear Muffins


Vanilla Pear Muffins
One of the cookbooks that Mike and I got for our wedding was the Williams-Sonoma Bride & Groom Cookbook. It wasn't one of the books we had picked on our registry, but it's actually had some amazing recipes in it, so I'm really glad we got it! We've been making a big effort to cook more at home (especially since we have lots of really cook gadgets now!) and to work on developing our pallets. We're now trying to pick out flavors in meals and almost every time we cook, we talk about what we could have done to make it better and whether we would make the dish again. We've even started joking about plating our meals (although presentation really does make a big difference!).

My most recent and favorite discovery is the vanilla pear muffins. I saw the recipe and decided to try them for breakfast last weekend... they were absolutely amazing. They're made with buttermilk, nutmeg, vanilla, pears and a cinnamon sugar walnut crumble on top.
I think what makes these taste so yummy is the nutmeg and vanilla combination, along with the sweetness of the pear. I guess I've never really thought much about pears as a holiday fruit, this tastes pretty darn Christmas-like. I think they taste best fresh out of the oven, but they're not bad the next day or two later either. I took what I had left from the weekend to work on Monday and they got rave reviews there as well. 

I'm actually making a double batch right now to take to Thanksgiving tomorrow... I think they'll be great as an appetizer or as dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment