Monday, August 15, 2005

I've Found My Calling...

... I should have been a hip hop dancer.

So tonight I wrangled up Brigitte and Amber to make a trip to the once a week hip hop class at our gym. I was fully convinced that I was going to look like Elaine from "Seinfeld" out there, especially once we got there and found that EVERYONE there was tall, skinny and willowy. Me, I'm short and a whole lotta muscle. I have never been called willowy in my life. Anyways, they put you in this glass room in front of the bikes and treadmills for all to see. Sort of like a wooden floored fishbowl. And to make matters worse, they CRANK up the music so that everyone looks over to see what's going on.

But, whatever. I went in there expecting to look new and dumb, which I probably did, but I had the time of my life. I'm going every week. Brig and Amber, that means you're going too. Seriously, I'm totally tired from it - definitely a much harder workout than I thought. And it's a really nice break from the running and squats that I'm used to. So we got in there and were learning all the moves... they went kinda fast, but he ran through everything a bunch of times, over and over, probably so that we could get it. I think we did pretty good! :) In fact, I think the three of us could get pretty good at it! No matter what, it was a ton of fun and a nice way to get exercise with some friends!

Next up, Wednesday night Salsa. I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment