Monday, October 24, 2005

Coupons, Concerts and Comas

First things first: Did you know that Target has a COUPON BOOK? Yes, you read that correctly. Somehow, one ended up on my desk at home today (my hunch is it came from Mom). It's about a quarter of an inch thick and has all kinds of goodies in it. Goodies that I probably don't need, but will now buy because I have a coupon for them. And, to make it even cooler, it's a flip book, so you can watch little Spot, the Target dog, do his thing.

On to the concert part. Tonight we got our music for our "Home For The Holidays" concert. HOLY COW. Amazing music. It's more like a Boston Pops show than anything else. I guarantee it will be amazing! Email me if you want tickets - I can get them for you without the extra fees! (Adam and Eva, see your email)

This ice/heat thing on the knee is getting old. In fact, the whole knee thing is getting old. After the broken foot fiasco, I'm getting pretty tired of having my right leg elevated. I want to run, darn it. Tomorrow I think I'm going to give swimming a try. We'll see how that goes. The saving grace there will be the spa, I think.

Finally, I have a funny snippet from an email a friend sent me (said friend will remain anonymous as I haven't asked permission). This cracked me up:
 
"I've decided that dating sucks so bad that we would be better off if we just went into a coma and waited for some guy to visit the hospital, fall madly in love, slip a ring on our fingers and we'd be engaged when we woke up. Think about it. Everyone knocks Sleeping Beauty and all those fairytales as anti-feminist, blah blah because the chick has to be "saved" by a man, blah blah. Actually...that's like my dream scenario. You have a big giant dinner, stuff your face, dessert, some wine, oops! prick your finger, fall asleep, and when you wake up some handsome prince is hovering over you saying "I killed the dragon, marry me". Sleeping Beauty didn't have to walk through grocery stores for most of her twenties feeling like shark bait clinging to a life-raft watching creepy dudes look at her. Sleeping Beauty didn't have to try and figure out which guys were more like Prince William and which guys were more like Scott Peterson, which of her first dates were married, gay, sociopaths, serial killers, etc. She wasn't accused by the Prince of "miscommunication" or "reading into things" because she was kind of... in a coma."
 
Seriously funny. Thank you, anonymous friend, you made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment