Saturday, January 28, 2006

Burrito Envy

Yes, I know, it sounds odd. So I get on the elliptical machine today at the gym. I'm on for about 10 minutes when a young guy in sweats gets on the machine next to me. He has a hooded sweatshirt with a pocket in the front on and I happen to glance over as he reaches into his pocket. To my utter astonishment, he pulls out a Taco Bell burrito and proceeds to eat it WHILE HE WORKS OUT. Now, it's about 11:30am, so it's getting close to lunch and I'm definitely hungry (what's new?). I'm completely blown away, but what's worse is that I'm actually jealous that he has a burrito. In fact, I wanted my own burrito. At this point, his cell phone rings and he actually answers it. Picture this: The man is on the elliptical machine, eating a burrito from one hand and talking into a cell phone in the other. I'm just WAITING for him to fall off. I know that's what would happen to me... however, he seems to be much better at multi-tasking than I am. *shrug*

I spent the rest of the day working (I know it's Saturday, but I'm heading a HUGE meeting on Tuesday, so I needed to review my presentation), doing my taxes (getting money back! Woo hoo!) and watching "24" (I LOVE Season 2!).

Now I'm off to read "Memoirs of a Geisha" for the book club I joined. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment