Sunday, January 8, 2006

Weekend Wrapup

Holy moly, what a fun weekend! I will now take you though a small photo-documentary of my weekend experiences.

On Friday night some friends and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner. For those of you who don't know what the Melting Pot is, you're definitely missing out. You have something like this somewhere near you. Basically, it's a place where you go, pay a lot of money and eat a TON of fondue. Sounds lame, but I swear to you it was one of the coolest dining experiences. We arrived at 6:00pm and left around 10:00pm - that's four hours of fondue yumminess! We had four courses. The first was the cheese fondues:

Here's me eating cheese:

They bring you all kinds of yummy things to dip (it's unlimited, as is the fondue) and they're made right in the middle of your table. Each person has a little skewer thingy that is a different color, so you don't get mixed up.

Next came the salad, which is boring so I didn't take pictures.
Then came the meat. I was so busy eating that I forgot to take pictures. Oops. We had chicken, a couple different types of steak, fish (if you like stuff from the ocean), duck (if you're into that kinda thing) and TONS of yummy dips. You basically dipped the meat in batter and then fried it in different oils and then dipped it in sauces.

Finally, there was dessert.

We had the Yin and Yang (white and dark chocolate):


And the Flaming Turtle. He put carmel in the chocolate and then LIT IT ON FIRE. After he PUT OUT OUR DESSERT, he tossed in some pecans. Kyra, I thought of you, I know how you've always loved flaming food!


We dipped all kinds of things into the chocolates: cheesecake, brownies, strawberries, bananas, and marshmallows!
On Saturday my mom and I went shopping. Alas, no pictures, but we had a blast. I got some awesome clothes (so did mom) and we found her a totally cute purse! Yeah! I DID get my birthday watch... I absolutely love it! I'll take a picture of it tomorrow - or you can go to www.guesswatches.com, click on "for her", then "jewelry" then on the "embrace silver tone bangle watch". Mine actually has a silver face and no diamond... it looks so pretty on me!
Today Daddy and I finally went fishing. It took a couple starts, but we made it to the lake eventually. Good thing we checked, because the boat battery was dead! However, I learned how to pull the boat (I know how to drive it on the lake, but have never actually pulled it there). It was a blast! No fish because the lake was pretty muddy and it was windy, but it was a really nice trip!
El Capitan:


Gilligan:

And, of course, the Skipper...

No comments:

Post a Comment