Monday, September 12, 2011

Air Show Recap

As promised, here's the post about yesterday's air show... fortunately, it's pretty darn boring. In fact, it was the least busy air show I've worked in all my time with CERT. That's a really good thing when my work equals being an EMT. While I did get some good hands on experience, we actually did not send anyone out by ambulance on my shift... that's definitely a first and the cooler weather played a big role in that.

The air show organizers did a pretty neat thing to commemorate 9/11... they asked the crowd to hold a moment of silence as a C-130 Hercules flew overhead and dropped 15,000 flowers. It was really pretty... like it was raining rose petals. It was a very moving moment at the show, followed by the jets flying in the "missing man" formation.

After a long day, I ended up with a migraine (I think this one was caused by the pressure change) since we had some hefty thunderstorms roll though last night. Poor Shadow was a mess... he sure doesn't like thunder and lightning!

No comments:

Post a Comment