Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fiddletown Fiddlers' Jam

Today we headed into Fiddletown for the 60th Annual Fiddletown Fiddlers' Jam. Last year we were there at the end and missed the contest, so we made sure to get there early this year. Each contestant plays three songs - a hoedown, a waltz and a tune of their choice. We only watched the kids contest and the beginning of the teens because it started getting so hot.

They have a great idea, it's just not entirely executed well. You see, they close down the main street and set up the stage at one end. While that sounds great, it turns out to be really hot. They buildings on both sides keep any sort of breeze from reaching you and they only set up four umbrellas, so you roast in the sun. If the organizers of the Jam were to ask Mike and I, we would suggest that they use the beautiful park as a venue, while still keeping the vendors and food on the main street to drive people into the businesses. That's just our humble opinion.

I took approximately two pictures. Ok, not approximately... I took two whole pictures:
Mom & I Before I Started Melting
Gigantic Fiddle On The Fiddletown Community Center
Mike and I came home, took a nap and spent the rest of the day out working in the yard. I planted the wisteria I bought yesterday as well as the artichokes. I'm two wisteria closer to my secret garden! For those of you wondering, I have a fenced in orchard, thanks to all the crazy critters that want to eat my plants. I decided that I wanted to grow wisteria all along the fences so that it looks like a walled in orchard. Only twenty something fence posts more to plant!

No comments:

Post a Comment