Saturday, September 10, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ball Game

Last night Mom, Dad, Kati, Cyndy and I headed down to Sacramento to watch the Rivercats take on the Reno Aces in the playoffs. Dad got tickets from Groupon - like half price. I think I might have to check this Groupon thing out - I always hear about people getting amazing deals! Our seats were three rows back on the third baseline... prime foul ball territory! I don't think I've ever seen Kati pay more attention to a baseball game! I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty focused myself. I could just picture breaking my nose or hand or something 42 days before my wedding... thankfully, that did not happen! The game was a good one... they played really hard because if they lost, they were out of the playoffs (they won, by the way). It was really fun!

Today was a pretty mellow day. We had plans to take the boat out, but the boys all ended up with overtime shifts. Kayla is home visiting this weekend, so her and I headed down to Mike's station to have lunch and hang out a little bit. We also made a stop at the AT&T store where I finally got the blue tooth speakerphone for my car. I've been thinking about it for a while with all the driving that I do, and finally bit the $120 bullet. It takes a while to charge up at first, so I only tried it for a couple minutes to call Mom. So far, it's well worth the money!

Tomorrow is my favorite CERT event of the year - the California Capital Airshow. Not only do I get to see planes doing amazing acrobatics, but I get some great EMT hands on experience. That said, don't look for a post about it until Monday - I've got a special September 11th post planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment