Saturday, September 3, 2011

Running Advice & A Party

I've been working really hard lately to try to be better about the whole working out thing. Once I get past the lazy part, I really do feel better, stronger, and healthier. It's just those first couple of weeks of getting into the swing of things. It's also hard for me to find the time - normally it's a 5am kind of thing and let's be honest, no one really feels like working out at 5am. I think most of the time my body doesn't even realize we're working out until about halfway through because it's not awake.

That said, today we were going to ride our bikes but got a little lazy. It was just before noon before either of us really got motivated. Mike decided to ride the hills around our house, which sounded like no fun to me, so I decided to run them. The run itself felt pretty good, besides the fact that it was hot out. I did a couple miles, came home, took a shower and ate some lunch. Then I laid down for a little nap and when I woke up, I had a headache. I'm still trying to figure out if it was the running or the heat or some sort of combination. I drank lots of water before and after (but not during, since it was only 2 miles).

Runner friends out there, do you ever get headaches from running? Have you figured anything out for preventing them?

In other news, we headed over to Kati and Nate's place for a little "Summer's Not Over Until We Say It's Over" / housewarming party. They've done some really cool things with the house since they've moved in - the latest addition is new windows in the breakfast nook. It looks great! They had lots of yummy food and it was really fun to hang out for a bit since everyone has been so busy this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment