Friday, September 16, 2011

The Creature Chronicles Part 3: A Snow White Moment

Today was seriously beautiful. The weather has cooled down a little bit (this morning it was in the 60s) and the animals of Sutter Creek decided to come out and play. I'm serious, I felt like Snow White:
A whole little herd of deer were hanging out just outside of the house... munching on some grass. I tried to get my camera to get some pictures, but every time I moved past the window they looked like they were going to bolt and I decided that you've all seen deer and I should just enjoy the moment. They looked something like this:
A little later on, I decided to head down to the grocery store and had to stop in the middle of the road so that a flock of turkeys could cross. By the way, for those of you who have followed my struggle with how to pluralize "turkey" (turkies? turkii?) over the last few years, I finally looked it up. How do you say multiple thanksgiving birds? Turkeys. Now you know.

Anyways, as if that wasn't enough, I had a ton of hummingbirds hanging out tonight. I definitely felt very immersed in nature today... I think they were all coming out to enjoy the slightly cooler weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment