Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Bachelorette Party!

Yesterday Kati threw me my bachelorette party... it was so much fun! So much fun that I took three naps today and Excedrin & water have been my new best friends. It took me until about 4pm to actually be able to move from the horizontal to vertical position without feeling like my head was going to explode.

We started the day at Kati & Nate's house. Nate made some very fantastic jello shots for us before taking off for the day to go fishing. Apparently hanging out with a bunch of girls who start drinking at 11:30am wasn't on the top of his to do list.

We hung out by the pool for most of the day and relaxed. Then we decided to watch some movies - we started "Bridesmaids". Brigitte and I got sleepy, so we skipped out in the middle to go take a nap so we were all set for the evening.

Kati got me this fantastic chalice to drink out of:
My Bridal Cup
And then had these great shirts made:
"First the Rock, then we Roll"
The back of them said "Anna's Bachelorette Blow Out". So freaking cute! They definitely got us noticed!

Kati had a limo set up to take us basically anywhere we wanted for the evening. As it turned out, the driver was the same guy who drove us for Kati's wedding! Here are the girls who came in the limo:
My Beautiful Friends!

Me & Kati!
We headed over to Buca di Beppo for a delicious family style dinner... with way more food than all of us girls could eat! Here's the table:
More Of My Beautiful Friends
I felt so loved... I seriously have the best friends ever... they are a combination of high school friends, work friends and people I've met throughout my life... but they all mesh like they've known each other forever! Dinner was fantastic (even if they had issues with the "glasswear"). The work ladies put together a fantastic little basket with all sorts of things that I won't put on Facebook or the internet for that matter. They're so sweet!

After dinner we headed out to The Park Lounge for some more drinks and some dancing.
Shots!
I've noticed that I always look a little scared right before I take a shot. I think it's because I suck at drinking. That said, drinking apparently makes me into an absolutely amazing dancer:
Shaking What My Mama Gave Me
There was one point in the evening that I took a picture with a blow up doll. It was on someone else's camera, so I don't have it to post (a darned shame, I know). I didn't think much of it last night, but now that I'm sober, it makes me ask the question "Who brings a blow up doll to a club?". It did make for some interesting pictures.

Kati made us pancakes this morning and then we played a round of "Pin the Hose on the Fireman"... yup, it's exactly what you think it is. Then it was home for the day to recover and pick Shadow up from the clink. My bachelorette party was absolutely amazing!

All of this dancing and clubbing has made me realize how much I really love curling up on my sofa with Mike and Shadow. I know, it sounds sappy. Don't get me wrong, I totally had a fun time last night, but there's nothing like watching every episode of Criminal Minds with my two boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment