Sunday, March 12, 2006

Jazzercise, Food and San Francisco!

What a weekend!

I spent most of Friday night in the car - a nice 3 hour 20 minute drive to the Bay from here. Fun times! I sat up and watched Dr. Phil with Oma and relaxed - it was so nice to see her again and have some time just to talk and catch up!

On Saturday I met up with Adam and Eva for Jazzercise. I have to say, I was skeptical, but VERY happy that I went. Eva met up with the instructor to pick "cool" music. As it turned out, all of the cool songs happened to have the killer routines that went along with them, so I got the workout of the century. It was sort of like weight lifting and hip hop class combined... I loved it! We danced our little booties off (I even let out a little "woo" towards the end when I got really into it...)! After class we took a little drive through a beautiful neighborhood to the friendly local Starbucks for a treat. Then I had to race back to Oma's to get showered up to go meet Grandma and Aunt Sandy for lunch. We went to Applebees (yum - no matter how hard I try to order something else, I always end up with the chicken and broccoli feduccini!). It was really fun and great to spend somet time with them! Then it was back to Oma's to change into some slacks and make the drive to San Francisco. I met up with Ted and we hit the town in his convertible mustang (ok, it was his rental, but it was still sweet cruising across the Bay Bridge in it!). We went to this place called manger's. It's an Italian/Brazilian restaurant... and it was DELICIOUS! I had the spinach and cheese raviolis with roasted tomato sauce and Ted had the Brazilian Steak Rechaud (you finish cooking it at your table!). The decor was amazing as well... it was just a really fun place to eat and it was nice to really enjoy a meal with an old friend.


After dinner we walked over to the Fugazi to see "Beach Blanket Babylon". What a crazy show! It was really a lot of fun and it was great to see fantastic singing, hilarious comedy and HUGE hats! Basically, the show has been running for 30-something years and is constantly changing. So if you saw it last year, it's totally different now! Check out the link below (click on "skip intro" and then "hat gallery") to see some previous hats and to learn more about the show! I definitely recommend it to anyone in the San Francisco area!

This morning (which came way too early, by the way) I met up with Oma, Adam, Eva, and Emy for breakfast! I'm so glad I had the chance to see Emy while she's in town - it seems like it's been forever! We went to Hobees- another place I recommend! YUM!

Now I'm back home, getting ready for bed and the long week ahead of me. Only two more days until the Kings game! Woo hoo!

Good night!

Today's Triathon Training:
Running: 1 1/2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment