Thursday, March 23, 2006

Thursday!

Well folks, sorry to slack off on the blogging (as Brigitte so eloquently pointed out). It's been a super busy week for me.

Bike update: So I finally got the pictures to go through to the bike company. Here's my letter:
My name is Anna and last Saturday (3/18/06) I was riding my bike when the rim buckled, sending me head first over the handle bars and face first onto the cement. All I heard was a loud pop before I went flying. I was on a flat, cement bike trail. Fortunately I had my helmet on, but still ended up with some road rash on my chin, a split lip and a bunch of bruises. I have attached pictures and honestly can say I've never seen a bike do anything like this.

I would like for this to be documented so that the same thing doesn't happen to someone else. I was very fortunate to not have been hurt worse than I was!

I was sent a new rim, however, I plan to do more biking this spring and summer and am worried that the frame may be compromised as I (and the bike) hit the ground fairly hard.

Please let me know what your best advice is on this. Thank you!
10 minutes later, I received this response:
Dear Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. I am going to have Carl Warren and Company contact you to investigate your accident. They should contact you tomorrow or Monday. In the mean time, please do not ride your bike, or put the new rim on (if it is not too
late).

Best Regards,
Susy
Um, did it look like I could ride my bike? The wheel doesn't even turn! It's not even in the shape of a circle any more!!! That was definitely my giggle of the day! Here are the pics they saw:

I am so excited about the weekend! I'm heading off with the girls for a weekend of fun in Reno! Woo hoo! I'll have pictures (if darned blogger would let me upload them!) and lots of stories for you all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment