Monday, August 14, 2006

Backpacks, Boxing and Music!

What a day, what a day!

This morning I helped deliver 400 backpacks to a local school - the employees of my company filled them with the supplies. It was more backpacks than we had ever done before, and I was a little worried that it wouldn't all run very smoothly (I was heading up the project). Fortunately, everything worked out - the kids were so cute and incredibly appreciative. It was great to see their little smiling faces!

After work Julie and I took our little booties to kickboxing class. First things first - I neither kick, nor box. However, this class was really a lot of fun - Julie and I were both a little nervous that we wouldn't make it through an hour, but we did. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't exactly easy and was definitely a challenge. The most hilarious part was running around like we were on crack. Not sure how that fits into kickboxing, but we rolled with the flow. We're going back next week for sure!

Today I finally received the SCSO 2006-2007 performance schedule - mark your calendars!!! I'm really excited about this year's music - it's definitely going to be amazing!
  • October 21, 2006: Ralph Vaughn Williams' "Sea Symphony" - 8pm
  • December 9, 2006: Home for the Holidays - 8pm (good starter concert for the classically challenged)
  • December 10, 2006: Home for the Holidays - 4pm (good starter concert for the classically challenged)
  • March 3, 2007: Verdi's "Requiem" - 8pm
  • May 12, 2007: "A Broadway Suite" - 8pm
I can't wait! Monday night rehearsals here I come! :) Thank goodness for TiVo or I'd miss my "24" and "Prison Break"!

No comments:

Post a Comment