Sunday, August 13, 2006

Tim McGraw & Faith Hill Concert

Holy moly, what an amazing concert! Worth every penny of the $100 we paid to be there. They put on a 2 1/2 hour show, with no opening act, no intermission. The stage was set up in a big x shape so every part of the audience got to see. I don't think I have ever seen Arco as packed as it was last night, even at my Kings/Lakers game. Here's the stage:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It started with Faith coming out of the stage singing "Like We Never Loved At All". Then in the middle of it Tim comes out of the other side. They finished the song and he disappeared back under the stage. Faith then did about an hour set of her own music. In the middle she had the whole crowd sing happy birthday to their daughter Maggie and throughout the concert Faith was just totally cute - playing to the crowd and dancing around. Here she is on the Jumbotron - too beautiful!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After she finished her set, she and Tim came out of the middle of the stage and sang "Let's Make Love" and another duet. She dropped back down and Tim started his set. Brigitte, Amber, Kelly and I screamed like little school girls. Let me tell you, the man is good looking.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At one point, this lady in the front row flashed him. You could tell it kind of caught him off guard because he stumbled away and then said "Do you know my wife is under this stage?". Later when Faith came back out to sing she walked right over to the lady and belted the song out in face. She looked really mad because the lady started laughing and so as she walked away she said "You ain't that funny, honey". The audience went crazy and Tim McGraw dropped to his hands and knees laughing.

At the very end they did this amazing duet (I think the sing is called "I Need You", but I could be wrong). They came out of the center of the stage and were each sitting on one side of one of those old 50's style microphones. They hand their hands on each other's legs and sang to each other on it. So romantic and absolutely amazing.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the end Tim planted a big old kiss on her and that was the end of the concert.

Here's us girls looking all cute before the concert (look Kati, I curled my hair!):

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What a great time! Today I fully intend to relax until I can't relax any more. I have a few errands to run this morning and then I have the rest of the day to do nothing! Woo hoo! Have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment