Monday, August 21, 2006

Fun in the Sun

Friday night was loads of fun - after I woke up from the longest nap ever. I laid down at about 4:30, only intending to sleep for just a little while. Apparently my tired little body had other ideas and I woke up about two and a half hours later. Brigitte, Tim and I went out to Tim's dad's karaoke show. As always, a blast. We sang our little hearts out and ended up staying later than we meant to. It's amazing how 11pm somehow turns into 1am when you're having fun! Of course, when we got home, neither Brig nor I could fall asleep, which worked out really well since we were getting up at 7am to leave for Oroville! There was the most hilarious man ever at karaoke this week. He sang several songs... well, sang being a relative term. You see, he chose to do them William Shatner style... more speaking than singing. The most hilarious part was that they were songs that definitely don't lend themselves to speaking such as "Baby Got Back" and "Superfreak". We pretty much laughed our heads off every time he got up there.

We spent the rest of the fun filled weekend at the houseboat! We floated:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We jetskiied:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And we just plain had an all around good time. I love being out there - I think I must have been a fish in another life! Poor Brigitte got bounced all over the lake. Every time I looked over at her and Amber on the jet ski Brig was flying through the air. Then we were on those double tubes...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

... when Brigitte and her tubemate fell off. Mine and Amber's tube pretty much ran them over. It was hilarious at the time, although, in hindsight, it probably could have been serious. Good thing the driver of the boat is a paramedic and firefighter!

I did get a little bit of a sunburn, but I think it's going to turn into a nice tan... I HAVE TANLINES! :) People, this is a very exciting thing for me!

And, Eva, very sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving for the weekend. Won't happen again. :)

Season premiere of "Prison Break" tonight. I can't wait, although I hope it doesn't end up being a crummy second season!

Ok, I'm off for a little run.

No comments:

Post a Comment