Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Costco

Today was a pretty normal day. I worked from home (yes, I'm rubbing it in) and actually got a lot of stuff done. I had lunch with my friend Dan from high school and swung by Jason's house to return Season 4 of "24" that I've had forever (thanks J, I'm TOTALLY hooked now). But the highlight of the day was my trip to Costco to pick up my contacts.

As you well know, there is never an uneventful visit to Costco. It just invites far too many interesting people. Today it was the lady in the leggings. People, leggings should stay in the 80's. It's bad enough that little girls are wearing them now under jean skirts, but what I saw today was an absolute monstrosity. There was a lady in capri length leggings and a tank top. Nothing over. Wrong in so many different ways. Spandex is for the gym and even then, it should be used sparingly.

Now, my pet peeve with Costco. What's up with the carts? And how the heck do people decide where to set up those little clusters of carts that look like an empty parking space but end up being just a cluster of carts? Seriously, who decides which spot is going to be the cart return spot? And why the heck don't they just take them to the cart return?

Finally, I'm sad to report that I think the ghost shrimps are no more. I can't find them, which doesn't necessarily mean that they're dead, but I'm pretty sure they ended up a nice afternoon snack for the angel fish or Sucka. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment