Monday, August 7, 2006

Disappointment

Well, today was meet with the banker day. As it turns out, there are TONS of hidden costs in buying a home (yes Mom, you were right). So I can get the loan, but it would put me quite near financial ruin. Not exactly how I planned it. That means back to the budget... and saving for another 6 months or so. Then I'll have enough cash and some for backup. I would hate to lose everything because I rushed into it and didn't have a little patience (which we all know I have lots of to begin with). And I definitely don't want to get into weird loans where my payments will skyrocket in a year.

That said, I cried my little eyes out.

On the other side of the coin, chances are that the market is going to get even better over the next few months and perhaps interest rates will come down a little. That way I'll get a better house for less money. Either way, it was a great (but tough) life lesson. I plan on looking for the next few months to make sure I know where the market is going and watching the interest rates.

I'm off to eat. Late.

No comments:

Post a Comment