Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Brain Hurts

My brain hurts.

It's been a long while (ok, since college) since the last time I can remember actually being challenged at work. Not something like a little task. I'm talking my brain is just soaking and soaking and soaking. It's like a sponge. It's in overdrive. It hurts.

I'm glad though. I feel so appreciated. People compliment you when you have good ideas (believe it or not, I've had a few, even though I'm only a three weeker). It's amazing. I love being in a culture where I'm almost forced to think. Well, actually, I am, if I want to keep up with the rest of the group. It's awesome.

I come home exhausted though. I know that once I get the hang of everything and it's not all new it won't be quite so challenging. And maybe I won't be quite so tired then.

Just a little shout out here: Jo, it was awesome talking to you today... I'm so excited about your wedding! I booked my flight and hotel room today... I can't wait!

Oh, and make sure to listen to the song of the day for today. I absolutely love this one. In fact, if you have iTunes and $0.99, I highly recommend downloading it. The reason I picked Rascal Flatts this week is that I'm on a kick. I've always liked their songs, but I recently heard an interview that made me fall in love with the band. They have won tons of prestigious awards in the country music realm, but they haven't really sold out. They said that they just love making music (that's what they all say). The really cool part was that they said the really don't like having solos. They love the intricacies of harmony. They love the blend and balance. That's how I grew up hearing music, in harmony and I think it's so great when a group really focuses on that. In the last week I've bought two of their CDs. Kati has the third. TWO THUMBS UP!

On that note, I'm off to bed. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment