Monday, June 6, 2005

I Have the Coolest Job Ever!

Ok, so I officially have the coolest job in the world. Seriously. Today was my first day and it was quite eventful. Besides not being able to get through the door, it went really well. You see, they have those security doors that only let you in if you have a badge. And the key is that they only let ONE PERSON in PER BADGE. Well, I tried to follow Dad in... he kept walking and I was stuck trying to shove it open. I looked like a dork until the security guard had to tell me to go around through the main door. lol. I guess if that's the worst of my problems I'm in good shape.

So I went to an orientation class that went from 8:00am to 1:30pm. Covered all the basics about the company and policies and stuff. Then I had to go have my ID badge made. I look devilish because they left the red eyes in. Mwa Mwa Mwa... After that people from my group came to pick me up (there are 7 buildings there... it's HUGE and they don't want you wandering around like a lost lamb). They introduced me to people and then I had a one-on-one with my manager. She's so cool. She then introduced me to my team. I swear to you, they're all under 35. And most are under 30. It's amazing, but everyone is really smart and works really hard.

And get this. They're giving me my paid vacation at the end of the month. HOLY COW! AND I can pretty much come in when I want as long as I do my stuff (well, and I have to put in the time, but I could go in early and leave early or vice versa). And she said we can work from home every now and then.

I love it.

Seriously. Happy.

So happy I have a headache and have to go lay down!

No comments:

Post a Comment