Thursday, June 23, 2005

Slappa Da Meat

There's a new tradition in my family.

It all started on Easter.

Dad and Tim were cutting the meat and Dad hauled off and smacked it with the knife. With a thick Italian accent he then declared that you must always "Slappa da meat" before you cut it. Somehow that stuck. Tonight he was making some "already chewed" beef jerky and decided to slappa da meat. I have it all on film and as soon as I figure out how to post it I'll have it up here. I almost peed my pants watching it. Seriously. Below you'll see a picture of the slapping in action. I'm not kidding, this is some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time.

The downside to making jerky... the whole house smells like meat. It's making Tim and I hungry. In fact, my tummy is grumbling even though I had three pieces of pizza and a beer for dinner. I'll wake up hungry. Bummer. Meat has never smelled so good!

Oh, and just to clarify terms, already chewed beef jerky really isn't already chewed. It's actually pretty cool. It's like one of those little guns that you use to squeeze frosting on a cake, only with ground beef. For you men who don't use frosting guns, it's kinda like that thing you put caulk into and squirt grout with. It pretty much makes a slim jim, but with real hamburger instead of lips and butts. Yum.

On that happy note, I'm off to bed with a rumbly tummy. Tomorrow is Friday! Yeah!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment