Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Cuts, Scrapes, Bruises and Owies

So I look like I've been to war and back. I'm cut, scraped, bruised and battered. I have a finger nail that was pulled back. And I'm sore as heck. I love moving.

Tim and I left at 5:30am on Saturday and after a mere ten and a half hours we finally made it. We were exhausted but decided to try and unload so that we could return the Uhaul. Keep in mind that 24 hours before that we had loaded everything, including the heaviest sleeper sofa in the world. We made it about halfway through unloading before we decided that we were exhausted. We went out to dinner and I swear, we ate like we hadn't had food in a week. Tim had these 5 gigantic beef ribs and a salad and bread. Gone. lol

Along the way we lost only one fish. We had a great transportation method all worked out. We split the fish, separating them into two groups (because some of them don't really like each other). The two groups were then placed into two 5 gallon buckets. The water level in the buckets was left four to five inches below the top to avoid spillage and jumping. The buckets were covered with foil (it had holes in it) and the air pumps were put into each bucket. Well, as we're loading we walk back into my room to get the mattress and there's my little red tailed shark, Jaws, laying on the ground. He had managed to jump UP the five inches, THROUGH the foil and flop ACROSS the floor to cover himself in carpet fuzz. Tim saluted as we flushed. He was the only loss.

We went for a wonderful bike ride by the river on Monday. We went for about two hours, we're estimating about 5 miles. It was so nice - it's really warm (80s - 90s) and was absolutely gorgeous. The one problem is that I seem to be allergic to the whole area. Kind of a bummer since I'm going to be living here. I'll have to find some other allergy medicine that works a little better.

I took Tim back to the airport last night. I cried my little eyes out. Who's going to kill spiders for me now?! :)

I'll be spending today unpacking and resting. I still have a lot of unpacking and reorganizing to do, but it will be fun. I start work on Monday and I'm very excited! I love being here!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment