Sunday, July 2, 2006

Happy Birthday Mom and Dad!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM AND DAD!
Yes, my parents were born on the same day. Kinda neat, huh? Makes present buying super easy for Kati and I! :)

Today we went to the Bay Area to celebrate their birthdays as well as my Grandma's 80th (it was on June 17th but she was traveling...). We had such a blast. First we went to Grandma's house and hung out for a while. It was so good to see her again and just sit and talk. She told us stories of how she and Grandpa met and about when they got married (they snuck off to Reno!). Here's a pic of Kati and I with her:
After that we picked Oma up and headed over to Adam and Eva's for our traditional family feast. Basically, any time we all get together we eat enough to feed a small army. Today it was South Carolina pulled pork sandwiches with Eva's "bean salad for people who don't like bean salad". It's that good. We had a blast. Eva just got certified as a Jazzercize instructor, so we made her lead the family in a mini class. She's AMAZING!


And finally, here's the family after getting our grub on...
Now I'm sad because Kati is packing all of her stuff up to leave tomorrow morning. It was so nice to have her back home and even to share a bathroom with her again! I'll definitely miss her when she leaves!

Tomorrow I have the day off (Tuesday as well... I love my work!) and I think we're taking the boat out. Woo hoo for more skiing on Folsom! :)

Oh, and by the way, I have blisters ON THE BALLS OF MY FEET from ballroom dancing. It's not so glamorous the next day!

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment