Saturday, July 1, 2006

Week of Bliss

Ahhhh....

So, to answer everyone's dying question, yes, I was off "doing stuff". We went on vacation to Lake Almanor for a week. :) No computers, hardly any TV, and no phones unless you were in the middle of the lake. It was wonderful! I didn't realize how completely uptight I had been until I got there and started relaxing! Here's a basic day at the lake:

5:00am - Wake up and get ready to go fishing.
5:30am - 9am ish - Fish/watch the sun rise
9:00am - one of Daddy's fantastic breakfast
10:00am - Nap
noon/1:00 ish - wake up and go skiing or tubing
2:00ish - read/nap/play Yahtzee
5:00 - dinner
7:00ish - head back out to go fishing / watch the sun set

Of course, the schedule varied from time to time. Sometimes I took my nap in the afternoon, sometimes I just couldn't make it that long after breakfast. We had a fantastic week as far as fishing went - the Smithson family pulled in a family record of 31 fish in 7 days! I had 14 of those 31 and am darn proud of it! Seriously, we were very lucky this week and had a wonderful time fishing. Kati kept one that she caught for her and Mom to eat, and we let the rest go.
Here's one of my fish:

The waterskiing was awesome this week - I'm finally doing a lot better outside the wake! About halfway through the week these beautiful thunderstorms rolled in in the afternoon. Now, I'm like a little kid when it comes to rain and thunder (honestly, I have a hard time sleeping because I'm fascinated by them - not because I'm scared), so I couldn't do much of anything besides listen to the thunder roll through the valley. Said thunder storms started a fire, so for a couple days we had some heavy smoke, but it led to one of the most amazing sunsets I've seen (and we all know how I feel about sunsets...):
All in all, it was one of the best weeks in a long time. I definitely needed a break from things and some down time!

Tonight Kati took us out to ballroom dancing. She took the advanced lesson and Mom, Dad and I took the beginning. We learned to Cha Cha and East Coast Swing. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be! Mom and Dad are dang good dancers!

On that happy note, I'm off to bed. It's been a long day, I'm a little sunburned and a lot tired. Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment