Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Welts

Hi all - so sorry I went dark for a few days. Just getting things figured out and getting lots of rest. Between the heat and the blood donation I was pretty exhausted!

I officially hate summer. I take back anything nice I ever said about it. San Diego definitely turned me into a wimp! This over 100 degrees (and when I say over, I mean well over, like 110 and above) with any kind of humidity for more than 10 days stuff has to stop. For real!

In other exciting news (I know most of you are bored with this), Brigitte and I have been waging our campaign against spiders and all things creepy crawly.

Anna & Brigitte - 5 (Brig, I got a MASSIVE daddy long legs today)
Spiders - 0

I'm getting better with dealing with them by leaps and bounds, however, I still panic when I see them. Gonna have to work on that...

Today was allergy skin test day. Fun times. You go in and they draw all these little hash marks on your skin with permanent marker. Then they drop little eyedroppers full of everything you could possibly be allergic to onto each of the little hash marks (I had 60 - 30 on each arm). Once that's done, the doctor comes in and scratches you in the middle of the little puddles. Then comes the fun part where you get to sit and itch for 45 minutes. You can't scratch because that would spread the allergens to other areas of your arm and give you a false reading. So you scratch AROUND the outside and you blow on it. In the end, the entire grass side of my arm swelled up pretty badly (like we're talking 10 spots the size of a dime) as well as the dust and weeds. The good news is that I'm fine with dogs and cats! :)

Nothing else super exciting. Work has been crazy, so again, I can't wait to go and play on the weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment