Tuesday, July 11, 2006

X-rays

Wow, so yesterday's post generated some very interesting responses. People either agreed (generally those within the age bracket discussed) or talked to/emailed me to see if I was ok. lol. I promise, I'm totally fine. I'm on this new little mindset since vacation that I'm trying to be a little more relaxed and a little less uptight. That little article (I did not write it) caught my eye when a friend from college forwarded it to me.

I went to the doctor today to figure out what's going on with my hip. My humble medical opinion was that I was still compensating for/favoring the foot that I broke a couple of years ago. The podiatrist seems to think it's soft tissue or something actually going on with the hip. He suggested that I get x-rays and was surprised when I replied with "thank God!". For those of you who don't know the saga, I broke a small bone in my foot answering the phone (yeah, I know) and it was mis-diagnosed for a year. I went through doctor after doctor, telling them that something just wasn't right and finally doctor number three thought to take an x-ray. I had walked, run and jumped on a broken foot for almost an entire year. So I'm pretty stoked that this guy wants to run a quick x-ray right off the bat to make sure nothing is going wrong. Better safe than sorry!

Brig and I went to the gym today. I'm so proud of us! It's really hard to get back into the swing of things after vacation (and being lazy before that)...

In other news, our local Ross burned to the ground today. It was crazy - I saw smoke when I left the doctor and when I got home I had IMs from people at work telling me to turn the TV on. It was a 4+ alarm fire and the place was destroyed. I drove past it today on the way home from the gym (I know, I'm a looky-loo) and they were still spraying it with water from the big ladders. The entire roof had collapsed in and when you looked through what used to be the front door there was nothing in the building but walls. So sad because it turns out that the building had no fire sprinklers because it was one of the first buildings in Roseville.

I'm sleepy and heading off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment