Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Wanted: Sock Roller

Help Wanted/Laundry
Do you love doing laundry?
Do you have an uncanny knack for folding socks into those perfect little balls?
If so, this job is for you! Young woman seeking experienced sock roller to complete the most tedious part of laundry. Please inquire within.

Can you guess what I was doing tonight? You've got it - laundry! I know, fun and exciting, but it has to be done. In all seriousness, I really hate folding my socks. I always leave it for last because it's the worst part! First of all, I hate matching my socks up. Because somehow, within that 30 foot walk from the dryer to my room, socks magically go missing. I have no idea where they end up - maybe the dog eats them or something, but they're definitely gone. I have this mini-graveyard of loner socks in my sock drawer... it's really very sad. Once you have them all matched up you have to then fold one over the other and tuck it. Generally it's about this time that one of several things happen:
  1. I learn that my matching skills suck (or maybe it's my eyesight) and I've matched up the wrong socks.
  2. I learn that the socks aren't quite dry. At this point it's decision time. Do I drag out the process by tossing the semi-wet socks back in the dryer or do I fold them and hope they don't mold? These are the serious choices young people of America face...
  3. I learn that I have one of Mom or Dad's missing in action socks. This is very rare, but quite a surprise as I have small feet and Daddy's sock pretty much eats mine up.
Well, that's about all the excitement in my day. I know, try to contain yourself.

And, dang it, comment people! It's very easy... click the little comment button, leave a little message and we'll all get a good giggle. And that way I know I'm talking to people other than myself, Eva and Matt. Not that we're not great people to talk to, but I like to think more than three people (gosh, two if I don't include myself) are interested in my little life...

No comments:

Post a Comment