Sunday, March 6, 2005

Circle of Life

So today was "tend to the animals day" at my apartment. Good times.

I began with the fishtank. Now, I have a 29 gallon fish tank. That's a whole lot of fishiness. I lost a fish the other day, so I had to net him and perform a fish burial service (basically, that includes dropping him into the toilet and flushing while humming "Taps"). Before I begin the cleaning process, I have to take all the plants out. Of course, this gets water EVERYWHERE. Then I start the little suction thingy. Which involves putting one end of the tube into the tank and sucking on the other until water comes out and then vacuuming the bottom of the tank. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Well, it is until you get to the sucking part. At which point, I effectively suck half of the water in the tank into my mouth. Yum. So I'm halfway through the vacuuming when I notice two baby fish swimming around. Lose one, gain two. The circle of life. Now, I thought that I would be attacked by the big fish in my tank - boy was I wrong! No, I feel something poking my hand - it's the tiny little blowfish!!! However, my shark, Jaws, did try to attack me. Apparently I got a little too close to his tree log.

Then it was time for the birds. The divebombed me as I tried to clean their cage. It's so cute... these tiny little finches chirping at the top of their lungs and attacking my hand. I have to shield the door with my body... when those little things get out, they're fast! Brad got out once... I spent 45 minutes chasing him around and finally had to wait for him to get tired enough to catch!

Hopefully soon we will have some guest bloggers - if you have a little story you'd like posted, please feel free to email me it! :)

Well, that's about it from here! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment