Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Monday...

Well, good morning and happy Monday!

I'm sad because I took my Mom and Dad to the airport this morning. We had the best weekend! I wish they could stay longer!

Poor Mom caught Dad's cold on Saturday, but she was a trooper and made it through the whole weekend! On Saturday we went down to Balboa Park and went to the train museum. Daddy was in heaven! It is a really cool place - they have entire ROOMS of model trains set up! They're so detailed, we must have spent a good two hours looking through them. It was all of San Diego and, of course, to scale. Absolutely amazing. Daddy was inspired and is going home to work on "Biggie Dog Railways". After that we went to mine and Tim's favorite restaurant, Filippi's. Yum. They have this little Italian deli at the one downtown where you can get all kinds of yummy stuff... Mom got me the pasta we love - it's like macaroni noodles but long and not curly. Yum!

Easter Sunday was wonderful! Mom, Dad, and Kati all came to see my choir. I'm so proud of them! They're getting better and better! Then we went back to my place and cooked. It was a traditional Smithson/Burtscher/Zeno/Myer dinner... with WAY too much food and lots of leftovers! It was loud, it was fun, and it included meat slapping. Yes, I said meat slapping. Daddy and Tim were cutting the prime rib (ok, Dad was cutting and Tim was watching) and Daddy hauls off and slaps the meat with the knife. To "show it who's boss" (said with a faux Italian accent). For some reason that struck us all as hilarious. In fact, a lot of stuff struck us as hilarious. Maybe it was the wine...

After a dinner which could have fed a small country (quick rundown: prime rib, potato casserole, stuffing, cranberries, salad, strawberries and bread), we celebrated Kati's birthday (not until Thursday... don't worry, you didn't miss it). We had chocolate cake and then we all had to lay down for a little. Ok, I had to lay down for a little. I blame the wine.

We had such a fun time doing the "lay around" and just having fun. We went to both extremes... we watched "Andre Reiu" (symphony) and "Blue Collar Comedy" (redneck). You might be a redneck if... believe me, Daddy and Tim came up with some good ones involving dropping garbage out of the window... lol.

Well, it was a wonderful weekend... I had so much fun with my family and I'm so happy they were able to come down! I hope everyone else had a wonderful Easter too! I'll be posting pictures as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment