Friday, March 25, 2005

Good Friday

Happy Good Friday!

I had the best time with my family today! First of all, my sister decided to surprise us and drive here a day early! I was so excited! They all got to be here for the Good Friday service, which is one of my favorite services of the year! They unveil a six foot wooden cross to the song "Behold the Wood" and it then gets passed around the church. I know it sounds kinda cheesy, but it's really neat. The cross has a single red rose on it and the whole idea is that the entire congregation gets to touch it, even the children. It takes a group of people to carry it, so the whole congregation is involved. Very moving, especially if you're really thinking about what it means. Gives me goosebumps.

Today we had a pretty busy morning. Mom, Dad and I went to Ihop for breakfast (poor Tim had to work) and then to Best Buy. After that we dropped Dad off at my apartment and Mom and I did some shopping. It is SO nice to see my family again! Then Kati and Tim showed up and we all went to dinner at Mimi's Cafe and then to mass. It's been a crazy day and I'm super sleepy! We have a great couple of days ahead - tomorrow is "Play in Around Town" day and Sunday is Easter! Yeah!

Hope you're all doing well! I have more to write about the finches, but I'm too tired tonight and I think it might have to wait until everything calms down a little. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment