Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Finch Chronicles: The Plight of Louise

Hello all!

Welcome to the latest edition of The Finch Chronicles. Today we look at the life of a lovely young finch named Louise. Ok, seriously, something has to be done. The other two are making sure that she gets nowhere near the nest, which she doesn't even try to do any more. However, they also continue to constantly peck at her and pluck her feathers. I just can't figure it out. I've tried everything! First I got a separate nest, thinking Thelma didn't want to share with Louise (you know, two women living together... not always the best of ideas). That didn't work. I then tried the bitter apple spray. It didn't phase the birds, but I sure did end up with some watery eyes. Now poor Louise has taken to hiding under the food cup... seems like the only place she's safe. I guess I should get her a cage for herself. And maybe a Brad of her own.

Does anyone want a finch?

In other, less somber news, I've posted Easter pictures. Comment away!

Ok, now for a serious question. How is it that Starbucks can have four shops all at the same intersection? Yes, you read that correctly. Four. Two of them in the same shopping center. It amazes me. From a business perspective, one would assume that one of the stores would suffer. But no, Starbucks preservers. All four shops are always bustling. I believe that I am single-handedly supporting their stock. This morning I deviated from my normal apple crisp (with the tall non-fat white chocolate mocha) and had the everything bagel. They aren't kidding when they say everything. I think every kind of seed known to man was on the bagel. It was pretty good though!

Ok, off to lunch. Keep commenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment