Monday, March 21, 2005

Weekend Update

Hello everyone!

This weekend was amazing! Here's the blow-by-blow:

On Friday night I drove up to Kati's. What is normally a 1 1/2 hour drive ended up being 4, thanks to good old Friday afternoon traffic. Thank goodness I had some Josh Groban to listen to. However, as I pull up to the stoplight just down the road from Kati's, the song "You Raise Me Up" comes on. Now, this song is close to my heart, and I cannot help but sing when it comes on. So as I'm singing, this guy pulls up just ahead and to the right of me. I'm belting it out and, get this, DIRECTING. It was at the part where the choir comes in and it's all loud and beautiful. So of course, I'm directing, cuing the choir and singing. Well, the guy next to me just happened to be in the direction of my "choir" and as I cue, I look towards him. He's laughing hysterically. Oops. So I turn beet red, smile and laugh. *sigh* Silly musicians.

Disneyland was FANTASTIC! Kati and I got there at about 9am and just had the best time! It did rain, but the cool thing about that is that there was not a whole lot of people, so I don't think we waited more than 35 minutes to go on any ride (for those of you new to Disneyland, sometimes on the popular rides you can wait 2-3 hours in line). Now, the one bad thing was that a lot of rides were breaking down. The new ride, the Buzz Lightyear one, broke down before we could go on it... we were waiting in line about three feet from the "space pods". It looked pretty cool... you get to shoot stuff! So we skipped it and moved on. Splash Mountain broke down while we were on it too... we were stuck in "Zippidy Doo Dah" land for about 10 minutes as logs rear-ended us. Finally, just before we left we were going to ride the Indiana Jones ride again and it broke down... "operational difficulties". Not sure why that was happening, but at least we made it out safe! It was such a great time! If I haven't already sent you pictures, let me know and I'll email them to you! Kati only made me ride It's a Small World one time, but we took lots of pictures.

Yesterday was really nice too. After a VERY stressful mass (let's just say a few key people were very late, a lot of stuff was changed/dumped on me at the last minute and I was tired as all heck), Tim and I napped. It was wonderful. It only worked for about half an hour for him... then he started reading every book I own while I slept for 2 1/2 hours. Guess I was tired. Then we went down to Coronado and watched the sun set. It was so beautiful! After that, Tim took me to my favorite Mexican restaurant. Yum!

So that was my crazy weekend. Lots of driving, lots of fun! Thanks for letting me come up Kati! I love you!

Stay tuned for the next edition of the blog: Things that Worry Me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment